company logo

Find a Teacher

Find Students

Help

About Us
LearningMusician Chat >> Site Questions, Comments, and Complaints >> student inquiries drop dramatically?      

Viewing 1-2 of 2 total messages      

Nick Behnan

Offering guitar lessons, composition lessons, and music theory lessons in Canton, Michigan

August 5, 2015 - 4:36 PMReply to this message
I love LearningMusician, I have gotten several great long last leads from this site in the past. But I was curious if anyone else has seen a significant drop in the amount of leads it is generating as of the past year or so? My own personal website that I don't pay anything for comes up much higher in the search results lately. Maybe its because I haven't renewed my subscription lately, but usually I'll get an inquiry and that reminds me to renew.

Michael Connolly

Offering fiddle lessons, mandolin lessons, and guitar lessons in Seattle, Washington

August 5, 2015 - 6:28 PMReply to this message
Hey Nick,

To answer your question - the site still gets a similar volume of inquiries every month as it has for the past few years. There is definite seasonal variation to it - summer being the doldrums, but the inquiries keep coming in.

One thing you can do to increase your footprint / profile on the site is to use the blog and calendar functionality. This puts you on the homepage of the site whenever you post a new blog entry, which means that tens of thousands of visitors a month will see your name. It also increases the footprint you present to Google and other search engines, which can help in getting more results from search engines to your profile.

Hope this helps!

Michael

------------------
On August 5, 2015 - 4:36 PM, Nick Behnan wrote :
> I love LearningMusician, I have gotten several great long last leads from this site in the past. But I was curious if anyone else has seen a significant drop in the amount of leads it is generating as of the past year or so? My own personal website that I don't pay anything for comes up much higher in the search results lately. Maybe its because I haven't renewed my subscription lately, but usually I'll get an inquiry and that reminds me to renew.

LearningMusician Chat >> Site Questions, Comments, and Complaints >> student inquiries drop dramatically?      
Viewing 1-2 of 2 total messages