company logo

Find a Teacher

Find Students

Help

About Us
LearningMusician Chat >> General Site Chat >> LAMA is One of the Top Music Schools in Los Angeles Where Students Work With World Renowned Music Professionals      

Viewing 1-3 of 3 total messages      

Judy Gonzalez

January 7, 2014 - 12:50 PMReply to this message
LAMA is one of the top music schools in Los Angeles where students work with world renowned music professionals. Finally, a school created to equip students to turn their passion for music into a paycheck and a career! The goal of LAMA is to secure placements for alumni and faculty in film and TV productions. The vast, diverse and eclectic catalogue represents many different genres. LAMA Music is comprised exclusively of alumni and faculty of the college and includes both domestic and international artists.

Vice President Mike Packer’s decades of experience as drummer, percussionist, author, inventor and educator has helped shape LAMA into one of the fastest growing music schools in the world. He explains, “My goal is to bring integrity to music education. At LAMA, we strive to provide our students with a solid foundation in music via a cohesive and trustworthy educational experience.”

LAMA offers students an intimate and friendly, yet serious and rigorous contemporary music education. Students develop "real world" playing skills by performing every day with professional accompanists from the LA music scene. For example, some of their ensemble musicians perform or have performed with Ray Charles, Coolio, Sergio Mendes, Steve Vai and many other prominent artists. Stop by www.lama.edu and see how you can get your dreams started!

Judy Gonzalez

January 31, 2014 - 12:59 PMReply to this message
Los Angeles Music Academy (LAMA), One of the Top Music Schools, Changes Their Name at NAMM 2014

A top music school, Los Angeles College of Music (LACM), formerly known as LA Music Academy (LAMA), is gearing up for the Fall Semester with a new name and a new decked out location (3 doors down from the original location in Pasadena). The school provides students with real life situations with professional musicians that prepare them for the real world music business. The LA College of Music (LACM), recently announced that they now offer Bachelor’s degrees (thus the change in name from “Academy” to “College”).

They recently held their third ongoing, free-to-the-public “Let’sTalkMusic” event with singer-songwriter Moby. Their curriculum focuses students to not only develop their talents but to truly find their voice, understand how to work in the music industry, and to develop a strong network.

Interviewed by LAMA faculty member Native Wayne Jobson, Moby proved thoughtful and quick-witted as he answered questions about his early background, musical influences and work habits. Moby is a singer/songwriter and DJ hailing from New York that has put out numerous top selling electronica albums. His main advice to aspiring musicians: “Two things. Learn to do everything: write, perform, engineer, produce, and, truly, love what you do.” Previous guests in the series were Ziggy Marley and producer Glen Ballard. For information on upcoming installments of the series, go to www.lacm.edu.

The application deadline for the Fall semester is April 14th, 2014 – go here to apply at: http://bit.ly/LACM_How-To-Apply. Information on the many music scholarships offered here: www.lacm.edu . You can also check LACM on their Facebook here at: http://bit.ly/LACM-Facebook, Twitter here at: http://bit.ly/LACM-Twitter, and Instagram here at: http://bit.ly/LACM-Instagram .

------------------
On January 7, 2014 - 12:50 PM, Judy Gonzalez wrote :
> LAMA is one of the top music schools in Los Angeles where students work with world renowned music professionals. Finally, a school created to equip students to turn their passion for music into a paycheck and a career! The goal of LAMA is to secure placements for alumni and faculty in film and TV productions. The vast, diverse and eclectic catalogue represents many different genres. LAMA Music is comprised exclusively of alumni and faculty of the college and includes both domestic and international artists.
>
> Vice President Mike Packer’s decades of experience as drummer, percussionist, author, inventor and educator has helped shape LAMA into one of the fastest growing music schools in the world. He explains, “My goal is to bring integrity to music education. At LAMA, we strive to provide our students with a solid foundation in music via a cohesive and trustworthy educational experience.”
>
> LAMA offers students an intimate and friendly, yet serious and rigorous contemporary music education. Students develop "real world" playing skills by performing every day with professional accompanists from the LA music scene. For example, some of their ensemble musicians perform or have performed with Ray Charles, Coolio, Sergio Mendes, Steve Vai and many other prominent artists. Stop by www.lama.edu and see how you can get your dreams started!
>

Patricia Keeley

March 9, 2014 - 2:09 PMReply to this message
Hello,

I thought I would introduce myself since you are the latest entry on this blog. I'm sorry to see it used so limitedly. I was hoping for more musicians to talk with. I live in a small agricultural setting. Far from cities. I either play alone or along with a CD. It's lonely playing this way. Consequently, weeks can build up with out playing a note. I think I have found a teacher which would be a wonderful addition to my life.

I don't know if you will find this e-mail. Never the less it was good to put down my words and feelings to someone even if their not there.

Slan,
Pádriagín (Celtic Irish - Patricia

LearningMusician Chat >> General Site Chat >> LAMA is One of the Top Music Schools in Los Angeles Where Students Work With World Renowned Music Professionals      
Viewing 1-3 of 3 total messages