company logo

Find a Teacher

Find Students

Help

About Us
LearningMusician Chat >> Site Questions, Comments, and Complaints >> A mysterious email from learningmusician led to no message      

Viewing 1-2 of 2 total messages      

Sally Ramsden

Offering piano lessons, music theory lessons, and music history lessons in Kent, Washington

October 30, 2009 - 3:20 PMReply to this message
I got a message from learningmusician, today, stating I had a student contact. However, when I logged in to my account, it said no new messages.... What does this mean? An error? Sally

Michael Connolly

Offering fiddle lessons, mandolin lessons, and guitar lessons in Seattle, Washington

October 31, 2009 - 9:55 PMReply to this message
Hi Sally,

I got a couple of questions about this. Basically, a spammer hit our site late at night and sent messages to hundreds of teachers before I was able to cut him off. We do have filters in place to try and prevent this from happening (and I have improvements coming down the pike in this area) but occasionally messages do get through. When this happens I have to make a judgement call about whether to delete the messages altogether or convert their subject lines to mark them as spam. In this case, I deleted the messages, which is why you didn't see anything when you logged in!

I'm currently in the middle of developing better tools on the website to handle this situation, so hopefully we won't have it happen again!

Best,

Michael

LearningMusician Chat >> Site Questions, Comments, and Complaints >> A mysterious email from learningmusician led to no message      
Viewing 1-2 of 2 total messages