Find a Teacher

Find Students

Help

About Us
LearningMusician Chat >> General Site Chat >> Getting some guitar lessons      

Viewing 1-8 of 8 total messages      

Mark Tamble

January 24, 2009 - 2:14 PMReply to this message
I am 19 years old and in college at the moment. I've tried to learn guitar in the past but I was trying to teach myself and that can be very frustrating if you do not have someone to correct you. Both my dad and my brother are very good at guitar and I just want to be able to play with them. I have contacted a guy here through email but I never get replies, either he is busy or he thinks its spam. But, besides that; you think I would have a chance at learning it this late. I don't have those skinny long fingers which makes this instrument a little harder. If anyone has had this experience, please share on how you get past it. I just want to be able to read and understand notes and be able to play with my family. Thanks for listening.

~Mark

Chrissy Deal

Offering piano lessons in Beach Park, Illinois

January 25, 2009 - 3:18 PMReply to this message

It is NEVER too late to learn. You may want to try finding someone in your college... maybe contact the music department. If the teachers aren't able to give you lessons, you may be able to get lessons from a music student.
------------------
On January 24, 2009 - 2:14 PM, Mark Tamble wrote :
> I am 19 years old and in college at the moment. I've tried to learn guitar in the past but I was trying to teach myself and that can be very frustrating if you do not have someone to correct you. Both my dad and my brother are very good at guitar and I just want to be able to play with them. I have contacted a guy here through email but I never get replies, either he is busy or he thinks its spam. But, besides that; you think I would have a chance at learning it this late. I don't have those skinny long fingers which makes this instrument a little harder. If anyone has had this experience, please share on how you get past it. I just want to be able to read and understand notes and be able to play with my family. Thanks for listening.
>
>
>
> ~Mark

Mark Tamble

January 25, 2009 - 7:07 PMReply to this message
Well, there is a teacher that lives in this area but I have contacted him twice and no responses. The only other option would be to go to this place and talk to him face to face. Or keep trying.

Eric Benson

February 3, 2009 - 11:00 AMReply to this message
I would like to first say hello! My question is this: does anyone know how to tune a guitar to the Solpha style scale. or tune the Mi (E) to 528 hertz??? any help would be greatly appreciated!

Unknown User

February 16, 2009 - 11:57 AMReply to this message
Hi Mark,

My name is Micah Beverly and I teach guitar here in Chandler, AZ. Not sure where you live but I also teach students through webcam lessons. I've had webcam students as far away as the U.K. Contact me at micah@fromguitartomusic.com if you are still interested in lessons. My website has all the details too. http://www.fromguitartomusic.com. You can sample some video lessons of mine on YouTube if you just do a YouTube search for Micah Beverly. Hope I can help. -Micah

------------------
On January 25, 2009 - 3:18 PM, Chrissy Deal wrote :
>
> It is NEVER too late to learn. You may want to try finding someone in your college... maybe contact the music department. If the teachers aren't able to give you lessons, you may be able to get lessons from a music student.
> ------------------
> On January 24, 2009 - 2:14 PM, Mark Tamble wrote :
> > I am 19 years old and in college at the moment. I've tried to learn guitar in the past but I was trying to teach myself and that can be very frustrating if you do not have someone to correct you. Both my dad and my brother are very good at guitar and I just want to be able to play with them. I have contacted a guy here through email but I never get replies, either he is busy or he thinks its spam. But, besides that; you think I would have a chance at learning it this late. I don't have those skinny long fingers which makes this instrument a little harder. If anyone has had this experience, please share on how you get past it. I just want to be able to read and understand notes and be able to play with my family. Thanks for listening.
> >
> >
> >
> > ~Mark

Blake Burleson

Offering guitar lessons in College Station, Texas

October 20, 2010 - 6:33 AMReply to this message

Hi Mark,
it' is awesome that you want to learn how to play guitar and read music. The fact that your dad and brother both play is a tremendous advantage because it' not only provides you with other musicians to jam with, but also a back drop to rehearse what you learn during your lessons. It's unfortunate you aren't receiving a call back from the teacher your seeking, I suggest moving on to alternative lessons, such as "skype". Please contact dave@davemartone.com as he is an excellent teach with an incredible resume (he is currently the opening act for Joe Satriani). If you contact him please tell him you got his name from a reference on "Learning Musician". I have taken skype lessons for months and they are incredible, with the right teacher. Good luck and best wishes!
------------------
> I am 19 years old and in college at the moment. I've tried to learn guitar in the past but I was trying to teach myself and that can be very frustrating if you do not have someone to correct you. Both my dad and my brother are very good at guitar and I just want to be able to play with them. I have contacted a guy here through email but I never get replies, either he is busy or he thinks its spam. But, besides that; you think I would have a chance at learning it this late. I don't have those skinny long fingers which makes this instrument a little harder. If anyone has had this experience, please share on how you get past it. I just want to be able to read and understand notes and be able to play with my family. Thanks for listening.
>
>
>
> ~Mark

Blake Burleson

Offering guitar lessons in College Station, Texas

October 27, 2010 - 5:20 AMReply to this message
Hi Mark Tamble,

I give the best guitar lessons at the cheapest price in this area (Bryan/College Station). Since you have had trouble finding a teacher, I am willing to give you a one hour free lesson, absolutely no obligation or pressure to continue. That is how confident I am that I would have no trouble teaching you everything you will need to know about the guitar for a very long time. Check out my profile on the Learning Musician then contact me at your best convenience. Thank you for your time.

~ Blake Burleson
214- 808-0724 or blakesb1@gmail.com
------------------
On January 25, 2009 - 7:07 PM, Mark Tamble wrote :
> Well, there is a teacher that lives in this area but I have contacted him twice and no responses. The only other option would be to go to this place and talk to him face to face. Or keep trying.

Steve Denning

Offering adult piano methods lessons, drum lessons, and all other singing lessons in Temecula, California

September 24, 2014 - 12:22 PMReply to this message
Hey Mark,

We are Musicology, a music school & we provide guitar lessons in Temecula, CA. Our guitar instructors teach students that range from younger to older, and we think it's never too late to learn! Depending on where you are, feel free to check us out online to get some information on lessons, techniques, instructional videos and more! Good luck Mark! http://musicologytemecula.com/guitar.html

------------------
>
>
>
> ~Mark

LearningMusician Chat >> General Site Chat >> Getting some guitar lessons      
Viewing 1-8 of 8 total messages